Obtaining your employment visa in Hong Kong


It’s time to start thinking about your employment visa in Hong Kong. So, you have decided to come to Hong Kong for a job and think it will be easy? Well, it’s not that difficult if you know how the system works. If this is your first time in Hong Kong or applying for an employment visa hong kong here, then bear with me while I break down the process for you.

First of all, let me clarify what an employment visa is. An employment visa allows you to stay in Hong Kong after entering the country under another type of visa (for example tourist visa). Once you enter Hong Kong under a different kind of visa, then getting an employment visa should be relatively straightforward. Getting the initial entry permit might seem like a lot of hassle, but the process should be relatively pain-free if you have a good employer.

There are two types of employment visas in Hong Kong: “ordinary” and “experienced.” It works if you are under the age of 45, then you can get an ordinary visa. Otherwise, you will need to apply for an experienced visa instead. You can only apply for one or the other, not both. If you want to stay beyond your employment visa and payroll outsourcing hong kong expiry date (this means working with another employer), then getting a dependant visa will allow you to do so. Bear in mind there are limitations on how many times this has been done before.

You can find out whether or not you qualify for either a skilled worker visa or a dependant visa by going to the Hong Kong Immigration Department website and filling out a survey. You will be notified via email if you qualify for either after completing the study. If you have any trouble with it, then leave me a comment below and I will try my best to help.

You can also find more information regarding employment visas on the Hong Kong Immigration Department website as well as the Hong Kong’s Labour department official site . Just visit those sites, read through everything carefully and make sure you ask for clarification from them if needed.